Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Couple of Snippets of News

Bikini-Clad Mowers

I'm sure you have heard by now about the new lawn service in Memphis -- girls mowing yards in their bikinis. Fox News has reported the story the last couple of days and interviewed the creative owner of the service.

I don't think that he has broadened his scope of business yet into Olive Branch, but I am sure there is a demand.

One of my next door neighbors told me when we moved into our house that his lawn would never look as good as mine because he had rather drink beer than to mow. So far he has held pretty much to his word. He would be a prime candidate for this service, and I could get my lawn chair and watch and not have to pay the $65 to $85 the service owner is charging.

I had considered asking Melinda to mow our lawn in a bikini, but then I realized she doesn't even mow fully clothed, so that idea is shot to hell. And I'm sure that we have a neighborhood covenant against that sort of thing anyway.

Dawgs in Spotlight

As you know State will open its season on ESPN Thursday night, August 30 against the fighting Tigers of LSU. But in conjunction with that appearance before a national television audience the Dawgs will also be a prime focus of college night previews on the network on Wednesday night.

Chris Fowler, who will call Thursday night's game, will also be the Starkville set anchor for the Wednesday night affair. The broadcast will include a five-minute interview with Sylvester.

According to ESPN the college preview is a four-hour show with the anchors in Bristol, CT, periodically going to Fowler and the Starkville set for updates and Dawg news.

Should be good publicity for our beloved Bulldogs, but of prime importance is to beat the Cajun Coon-Asses from Baton Rouge.

I wonder if Larry Templeton has considered engaging the Memphis bikini crew to mow Scott Field right before kickoff. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!

No comments: