Monday, June 11, 2007

No News Is Good News -- I Guess

There is just not much to write about in this blog today. Everybody on the planet knows that Paris is still in the clink, the MSU Dawgs are going to hightail it to Omaha this week, the Ole Miss Rebels are going to dragtail it back to Oxford after losing two straight to the Sun Devils of Arizona State, the Sopranos ended with a climax that nobody liked (I don't have HBO, so I have never watched except for one time at Amanda's), the Iraq war is still going on, Hillary is still saying that faith led her through her turmoils in her White House years, and you know what Bill is still saying, and I am slaving over this blog everyday and nobody reads it. I know that yall don't have time to write in your own blog, but what has happened to your reading ability?



The Walters' Clan (I am part of this bunch only through marriage) is headed to Gatlinburg this Friday for about six days of rest, relaxation, dissatisfaction and argument. I can guarantee that some of the clan will have a problem with some or all of the following: the accomodations, the food or lack of food, the weather, the lack of bears or the prethora of bears and whatever -- you add to the list.



Amanda's and Laurette's grandfather, Mert, will come having rather been on his way to Omaha and most likely the cabin will not have ESPN as a TV choice. This will certainly add to the "unhappiness" that will be evident to all.



I am the lucky one in that I have to work next week and will motor back to Olive Branch on Sunday. My Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week will be spent in quiet places -- my home and workplace. I will have no one to argue with except Floyd the cat, and he sleeps 24/7.



Tomorrow is a red letter day for me in that I will have a birthday. I never cease to be amazed that I am living this long since I was in my twenties in the sixties -- a really wild decade. Well anyway I have made it this far, and Laurette, Amanda and Melinda have not had me committed and certified as crazy, so they can share in my vast fortune.



Everybody have a great day, and I hope to have more for you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Travis said...

Hello Mr. Clark,
I read your blog and enjoy it very much. I will not be making the Walters family trip and I have to tell you the thought of being by myself with nothing but peace and quite has put me in a huge depression. If you feel the same call me and we can cry it out together...HA. I really do hate i will be missing your cooking though.

Little Daddy said...

Travis,
I really don't think I'll be doing any crying about missing most of the activities at the Walters' gathering. A scary thought just went through my head -- do you think this could be the beginning of an annual affair?

Thanks for saying you will miss the cooking -- I'll cook when you come to Olive Branch -- at Greenbrier prices of course.

LWolfe said...

you two just talked yourselves out of inheriting the walters' fortune! sucks for you.

Little Daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LWolfe said...

heather added you as a link on her blog. you're gonna be famous! i wonder if you are the oldest person in the world to blog? just a thought.

Unknown said...

I just laughed out loud about the description of the weekend activities! I am sure all of my patients appreciated that!

I just found your blog and have loved every entry so far. Keep on keepin on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It is now officially your birthday, and I hope it is wonderful!

Olivia said...

Little Daddy,
Your blog is outstanding! I thoroughly enjoy reading your unique and comical point of view on life.

Little Daddy said...

Thanks Olivia. I appreciate the comments. I'm sure you have noticed that I have used your comment on the QT affair as a defense against accusations by your brother. We do need to stick together.