Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Setting up this blog has really been a pain in the b..., but maybe I finally have it done. I am beginning to believe that you really cannot teach an old dog new tricks. I am counting on Laurette to dress up the site a little with perhaps some pictures or nice fonts, headings etc.

I am trying to do this while waiting on customers who want to buy a commode or some other plumbing fixture. It's really funny in that all of our commodes are named -- the Drake, the Clayton, the Promenade, the Lloyd (our most expensive) and the list goes on and on. It reminds me of when Al Bundy (Married With Children), who spent lots and lots of time in the bathroom, mailordered a "Jefferson" or some such toilet which was the top of the line. He was in hog heaven. I miss that show.

Speaking of toilets, I bought Melinda one for her birthday last year. It was by a manufacturer, St. Thomas, and was called the "Celebration." I'm not sure if one could chacterize the bathroom experience as a "celebration", but whatever she is happy. Also, St. Thomas refers its toilets as "water closets." I do prefer that -- it sounds so British.

Laurette is probably going to chastize me for what I have written here, but what the h... I had to write something.

3 comments:

Little Daddy said...

Wallie,

I think that I may have done this setting up a blog all my own. Probably made some mistakes, but by mistakes one learns, and I'm not too advanced in years for that.

Yoou will have to help me with pix, maybe music, etc.

amarble said...

LITTLE DADDY! that is awesome that you have a blog! i will check it everyday for sure!!! i love you!!!

MANNY

Mackenzie said...

LD-

Amanda has me interested in your blog. Knowing that she is a "blog stalker" it doesn't suprise me that the rest of the family is beginning to blog. I think you may need to get creative to keep her interested as she typically reads blogs to be nosey. I think if you could manage to get pregnant with quads that will keep her happy!!!;)

Mackenzie