Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Those "Baby Blues" Are A Plus

I have been absent from the blogging business for about a week now -- sorry to all my faithful readers but have been a little too busy, and I don't really like that. At my age I prefer a little more leisurely pace.

The following report had to be made public for those of you who might have missed it.

Recent studies, conducted by Louisville University professor Joanna Rowe, indicate that there is a link between eye color and academic achievement.

According to the report those of us who have "baby blues" appear to be better strategic thinkers, and we have a better reaction time. We are more likely to excel in activities which require skill in time structuring and planning. The study says that blue-eyed people should be better in golf, cross-country running and taking exams. I go against the norms in that I'm not very good at the sports part of this, but I am pretty good at taking exams.

Our brown-eyed cousins are more likely to be better at sports like football and hockey. I really don't know any brown-eyed girls who are very good at either -- wonder what they are good at?
I think that the study is leaning toward saying that blue eyes have the brains and brown eyes the brawn.

Rowe says that the distinction in eye color has been observed but, as yet, not explained. More study is going to be necessary. Do you suppose that Professor Rowe has anything else to do at Louisville, or is this her only calling in life?

Bedforshire University (England) psychology lecturer, Dr. Tony Fallone, says, "There is no scientific answer yet." But he has also studied eye color and believes it is a serious indicator of personality and ability.

Now I implore those of us who have blue eyes not to take a superior attitude, even though we clearly are -- look around you and do some studies for yourself. We do need to treat brown-eyed people with dignity and respect.

I am going to my favorite "people lab" place this afternoon and sit on one of those benches and do some serious research myself. I hope I don't appear to be weird in the Olive Branch WalMart as I stare into people's eyes and make notes in my journal. I may have to follow some of them around just to determine if they would seem to be better at football or exams. I don't want to go into this with any prejudice, but I'm thinking football may lead the WalMart pack, and some of them might even have blue eyes.

1 comment:

amarble said...

that is a really funny post little daddy....what about mp? she has hazel eyes and so does rob...hmmm something to think about :)