Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not Brent Shaeffer Again

Don't know how many of you out there are Ole Miss fans -- I hope not many. But for you Dawg fans, and I suspect there are hoards of you in the blog world, I have some breaking news from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

The paper announced today at 1:12 P.M. the much (too much) heralded Brent Shaeffer, quarterback extraordinaire, who couldn't complete a pass last year has now lined up at wide receiver to try and catch some.

The article did not say whether Brent was going to throw the ball and then try and run under it, but I suppose that would be asking too much of even him.

Anyway, I hope that the reporters who wrote, "Shaeffer's Coming To Ole Miss" -- "Brent's Not Coming To Ole Miss" -- "When Is Shaeffer Coming To Ole Miss?" -- "Has Shaeffer Completed His Coursework So He Can Come To Ole Miss?" and the endless stories of the saga of Brent Shaeffer have run out of ink -- I can't stomach any more Brent Shaeffer stories.

GO DAWGS!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Don't forget Jerrell Powe!

Little Daddy said...

Thanks for reminding me. I read a story yesterday that he is going to Miami, and today they say that he and Ole Miss are getting back together. I am tired of all of the Powe news as well.