Monday, September 17, 2007

A Sweet Football Weekend

Let me be the first to post that is was a wonderful weekend of college football.

My favorite wins and loses happened. State wins and Tommy Tuberville loses, and it was in the same game -- could it get any sweeter?

And then later on Saturday Ole Miss makes an appearance in Nashville against the Commodores, and it is a long, long ride back to Oxford.

Coach "O", if you haven't looked at the schedule, you entertain the Florida Gators Saturday in the early game. You will need lots and lots of luck in this one -- ask Tennessee.

I was just listening to George Lapides, sports show host on WHBQ (Memphis), and he made the statement that the Rebels are the worst team in the SEC. Could it get any sweeter?

Now Dawgs, don't read your press clippings before this game on Saturday. Let us not forget the Maine game a couple of years back.

I'll be there to see the Bulldogs when they meet Gardner-Webb. Hope to see some of you there.

Go Dawgs!

1 comment:

Travis said...

Mr. Clark, I have to agree it was a great football weekend. I wore a Vandy shirt proudly on Saturday to the game and loved every minute of cheering against the Rebels. It would have been a perfect weekend had my Hogs beat Bama. Oh well, now I am pulling for the Dogs to beat UT and for Fulmer to get "Croomed!"....Fear the Walrus Phil....Fear the Walrus!