Wednesday, March 19, 2008

CELTIC WOMAN

Well, I am back for a couple of posts, and then I will probably disappear once again for a while. The problem is that I have really been a little to busy, and to be perfectly honest, I have run out of material -- I must lead a dull life.

To the subject at hand.

My wonderful daughters and sons-in-law apparently were in a quandry as to what to get me last Christmas. They became aware that Celtic Woman was in concert at the FedEx Forum in February. They also were aware of how much I love these girls and their music.

I'm sure some of you are probably wondering who is this group called Celtic Woman? If you are you must not watch public television because many times when there is a fundraiser the station airs one of the Celtic Woman concerts. WTOK in Memphis loves to run the shows. Lots of pledges must come in when these girls appear.

There are usually four or five of the singers plus a girl who is an accomplished fiddler -- some would call her a violinist, but she in my book is a fiddler. Their music tends to be Irish or Celtic in nature, but they do sing some other old standards. And I might add that none of them are hard to look at either.

So Melinda and I motor down to the Forum, sit in our great seats and enjoy a wonderful concert I will not soon forget. It is about as close as I will get to Ireland -- hint, hint -- next Christmas.

Thanks so much to Amanda, Laurette, Rob and Travis -- you could not have pleased me more.

No comments: